Folded wooden roof structure
HPP Hentrich-Petschnigg & Partner
©Juergen Pollak Photografie
Built in 1958, the multi-purpose hall complex with stages, orchestra pit and various halls was expanded into a conference and convention center in the 1970s and has now been supplemented by a new hall and kitchen. We designed the roof of the new hall together with the architects in an interdisciplinary planning competition as a folded timber frame structure with a free span up to 30 m. Parts of the existing buildings were demolished, the new hall placed on the existing basement. In order to accommodate the changed utilization units and increased service loads, the existing building structure had to be upgraded, area by area, to meet current static and fire protection regulations.